002: Abby: Having Two Kids and The Gift of Embryo Donation
Abby is a twice single mother by choice. She shares her story about choosing the sperm donor path and why she chose to give the gift of an embryo to another hopeful mother.I think it's really important to know yourself and know what you have to give... each woman has to know for herself what's going to be the best thing for her family as a whole. - Abby Click To Tweet
Abby compares her two pregnancies and discusses the trouble of having two children along with the joy of it. She offers advice to other mothers considering having a second child and tells a really touching story about embryo donation and what it has meant to her family.People are happy about babies and children and they don't think it's weird and there is so many SMCs now in the world, it feels huge and dramatic and strange to us, but I think the rest of the world is happy for us. - Abby Click To Tweet
Some highlights of today’s conversation:
- Abby’s expectations for her family life.
- The events that lead to Abby’s decision to use a sperm donor.
- The lab issues and the rushed decision about her sperm donor at the last minute.
- Abby’s second pregnancy and how it differed from the first.
- Why Abby prefers single motherhood and doesn’t regret it.
- What Abby likes about motherhood and what she doesn’t.
- Why Abby decided to be an embryo donor.
- The process of donating the embryo and the impact on her family.
Motherhood Reimagined: When Becoming a Mother Doesn’t Go As Planned: A Memoir by Sarah Kowalski
Thank you for joining us for Motherhood Reimagined. You can contact us through the website or Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. Also, consider joining our Motherhood Reimagined Tribe to connect with other women just like you. Please join us for our next episode when we talk to another inspirational mother!